Amanda Kirby started her marketing career at WDAM-TV in Moselle, Mississippi, in 2009. As promotions coordinator, she spearheaded large-scale campaigns and events including two telethons, which together brought in over $300,000 for tornado victims in the Pine Belt. At Forrest General, Amanda is able to flex her creative muscles as a writer. She writes all advertising copy as well as features and press releases and works to maintain positive relationships with local and regional journalists. Amanda serves on the Board of Directors for Sales and Marketing Professionals Pinebelt and is an active member of the Public Relations Association of Mississippi.A
Members of the professional news media in need of a condition report on a patient or interested in covering a story at Forrest General Hospital should contact Amanda Kirby, media coordinator, at 601-288-1303 or the Marketing and Communications office at 601-288-1300.
All media who visit the campus must be accompanied by an escort from the Marketing and Communications Department.
The media should note, that unless a patient objects, the following information may be released when identified by name:
- Patient’s name.
- The Patient’s location in the healthcare facility.
- Patient condition (undetermined, good, fair, serious, critical or treated and released).
- Patient’s religious affiliation.
Statement of patient’s condition:
- Undetermined: Patient awaiting physician and assessment.
- Good: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits; indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits; indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs may be unstable and/or not within normal limits; indications are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits; indicators are unfavorable.
- Treated and released: Received treatment but not admitted.